There are a lot of small but significant changes in this update. Of special note is that you should find the early level progression quicker and with more to do than just mine asteroids for ammo/power-ups.
- Previously owned (lost) power-ups will now stay in game for 5 minutes giving ample time to find and retrieve.
- Previously owned (lost) power-ups now include a ring that is tinted with the primary ship color of who the previous owner was.
- Picking up a power-up that replaces an existing one now detaches the existing one first.
- If you have damaged outriders attached, picking up an outrider in better physical condition will now replace the more damaged one currently held.
- Your first life in Free Play mode now grants you some extra weaponry to start out with a bang.
- If your fighting more than 4 bosses, you now are given some extra weaponry when re-spawning.
- Reduced the percentage of asteroids/hazards that are necessary to clear in order to advance to the next level.
- Increased number of asteroids/hazards for earlier levels, and slightly overall.
- Increased number of enemies during regular play.
- Increased brightness/saturation of alternate player ship colors.
- Increased visibility of reticle indicators.
- Increased chances of encountering “magnetic” asteroids.
- Increased strength of “magnetic” asteroid shards.
- Fixed issue where sometimes outriders would collide with their owners in what would look like a spontaneous explosion.
- When no gamepads are connected, require that the keyboard be used for player one which is tied to the steam account.
- Fixed a few potential crashes when playing for extended periods.
Just a small update primarily to support Steam Music! There are also a few other small features and fixes.
- Support Steam Music – When Steam Music is playing, or starts playing, in-game music is paused and volume is turned all the way down. Note that if you wish to return to in-game music you will have to continue to use the LeftShift+Plus hotkey to raise the volume until the option menu is completed.
- You can now force a leaderboard refresh with LeftShift+R.
- When in windowed mode, if the window is closed, a rudimentary pop-up message will confirm that you really wish to close the game. This is currently only supported for the Windows OS.
- Fixed leaderboard visual glitch when toggling between full-screen/windowed on certain graphics cards.
- Killing a mini-Terminator no longer gives you credit for killing the regular Terminator.
This update mostly includes game play updates to re-balance some elements, but also includes a few fixes.
- Added enemies to the end of the first level.
- Introduced rapid-fire power-up at level 1 instead of level 2.
- Moved shield power-up from level 1 to a later level.
- Introduced atomic power-up at level 2, much earlier than previously.
- Balanced boss strength.
- Adjusted boss encounters.
- Adjusted strength of the burst “shotgun” power-up.
- Bosses are now introduced away from edges of arena.
- Fix depth issue with respect to players and enemies.
- Adjust multiplayer split-screen visibility to the equivalent for single player. You can now see further.
- Fix crash when a steam leaderboard name uses non-typical characters (i.e. TM, etc.).
Many thanks to those that have jumped in and started playing and reviewing! Your feedback is very much appreciated! Please continue to let me know of any issues you encounter or ideas that come to mind.
This is a small update that contains several fixes and tweaks.
- Reverse thrusters no longer supersede forward thrusters.
- When a player attempts to exit the game before losing all lives, it is now a request to forfeit their session/score instead of exiting to the title screen.
- Machine Gunner achievement is now obtainable.
- Only scores greater than zero qualify for leaderboards and local high score listings.
- Players no longer spawn when other players are in the way.
- Small adjustments to gameplay balance with respect to enemy spawning.
- Updates to the following languages:
- Brazilian Portuguese