Hello Solaroids players around the world – literally. It was high time that the supported languages get an overhaul after adding so much TEXT to the game. So, with this release I’m happy to announce that all major supported languages will be complete once again – now or very soon. They are actively being worked on by localization experts around the world so expect a few small patches to complete to the work over the coming weeks.
Oh and another thing… It’s also time to drop the Prologue from the title and branding. I conceived of the Prologue sub-text as my way of introducing an incomplete game to the Steam Early Access community. While I still plan more updates before leaving Early Access, the game has grown out of its Prologue moniker. In addition, I’ve noticed a lot of demos being branded as Prologues over 2020, and Solaroids: Prologue is not a demo! Hopefully, this reconciles that annoyance as well. If you see any references to Prologue lurking about, let me know!
Those are the big things this round, but on a smaller scale I’ve tweaked the default options to something that I think will improve the first player experience. If you want to “trust me” and try them for yourself, just go to the Miscellaneous menu and hit that Reset button.
New Features / Tweaks
- Add back button to difficulty selection screen.
- Optimization to the vector renderer.
- High score listing now shows up after 5 seconds instead of 10.
- Allow rebinding of ENTER and ESC keys for use in-game.
- Language option is sorted by popularity now.
- Switch from Solaroids: Prologue branding to Solaroids.
- Change default zoom level from 100% to 130%.
- Change default inertial dampening from 20% to 50%.
- Change default HUD size from 100% to 125%.
- Change default reticle size from 100% to 150%.
- Change default controller vibration to 50%.
- Change default music volume from 60% to 40%.
- Change default vector focus from 100% to 80%.
- Updates to FNA/SDL libraries under the hood.
- Language updates:
- German – now current!
- Spanish – now current!
- French – now current!
- Portuguese (Brazilian) – now current!
- Serbian – now current!
- Russian – in progress
- Simplified Chinese – in progress
- Japanese – in progress
- Italian – in progress
- Polish – in progress
- New languages:
- Greek – complete
- Hungarian – in progress
- Traditional Chinese – in progress
- Fixes to the vector renderer related to color/thickness.
- Fix a regression that would cause the game to exit when a controller was disconnected.
- Fix issue where key icons were not responding to language changes.
- Fix issue with demo expiration screen (DEMO build only).
- Fix some typos in English text.
Thank you for supporting me on my journey to try and make the Best Asteroids Style Space Shooter. If you ever want to chat about Solaroids with myself or other players, or brag about your top scores and share tips, join the Solaroids Discord Server. It’s quiet there now, but maybe you can help change that!
I’ve also created a dedicated Early Access Page filled with, gifs, links, and a place where you can sign up to be notified at full launch.