Minor feature updates and/or bug fixes, but one requested visual enhancement worth calling out…
Vector mode now adds vector styled explosions in addition to the point “particles” it previously used. Thank you community for the great idea.
New Features / Tweaks
- Refresh icon.
- Vector mode now has “vector” explosion effects in addition to single point explosion “particles”.
- Removed “Exclusive” FullScreen mode (FullScreen=On, Borderless=Off). This mode is not necessary these days and has become an uncommon mode that made it difficult to switch back and forth between screens and other windows. In addition it made it more difficult to work with some screen recording software. Now the only full-screen mode is “Borderless” FullScreen, so as such, the Borderless option has been removed. Alt-Enter also still toggles between full screen and windowed as common among games.
- OSX Version now uses Vulkan for graphics which improves/restores lost performance for low-powered Macs (tested with 2016 era Mac Mini).
- Updates to FNA used on Linux/OSX versions.
- Fix issue with invalid unicode characters in Steam leaderboard names.
- Fix an issue with mouse behavior in the game and menus when running at non 1920×1080 resolutions in full screen modes.
Thank you for supporting me on my journey to try and make the Best Asteroids Style Space Shooter. If you ever want to chat about Solaroids with myself or other players, or brag about your top scores and share tips, join the Solaroids Discord Server. It’s quiet there now, but maybe you can help change that!
I’ve also created a dedicated Early Access Page filled with, gifs, links, and a place where you can sign up to be notified at full launch.