Hello Everyone! Just a small update to release a few new features, and round up a few bugs — some of which were released as hot-fixes several weeks ago.
As players rack up more and more impressive scores, I thought it would be cool for you to be able to compare the control style you typically use with those of the other players. Classic and Hybrid (single-stick) control styles are the purest and most challenging modes, and as discussed in a previous update, come with some scoring advantages. Now you’ll be able to see what control style a given score was achieved with. Next to scores in the global leaderboards you’ll see a symbol denoting which control style was used: (C)lassic, (H)ybrid, and (M)odern. Note that this is only computed for new scores going forward, so any current scores are classified as Unknown and won’t show a symbol until you beat your previous bests.
- The Control Style used to achieve a score is now recorded and displayed next to the high score. (C)lassic, (H)ybrid, (M)odern. You have to have played in a particular style most of the time for it to count.
- German translation updates.
- Cleans up old log files when debug logging is disabled.
- Ensure friend leaderboards immediately update in-game.
- Adjust thruster sounds for Modern (dual-stick) control style.
- Tune bullet sound effects.
- Fix issue where the top-X scores were shown instead of an empty list when you don’t have any friends that play Solaroids (what a shame).
Previously Released Patches
- Fix issue with Control Style text in HUDs overlapping when multiple players are choosing their control style at the same time.
- Fix crash on some machines/locales when player stat displays are generated.
I hope you enjoy the new refinements and features.
Once again… Happy blasting!!
Solaroids is available on Steam Early Access and is still being actively developed by Chad Yates as part-time Indie game developer. Come try out the free Demo, join the Community HUB on steam, or join the ranks of brave fighter pilots defending the solar system and competing for high scores and prestige!